"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the power and the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever, Amen." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

We have Lucy!!!

What an incredible day! We left Taipei around noon today and flew to Taitung. We were met at the airport by the sweet Pan family. They have been the ones overseeing Lucy's care. We made our way to our hotel, where we quickly dropped off our bags, and then we headed straight for the church where Lucy's entrustment to our family took place. It happened so fast, we didn't even have the video camera rolling. Lucy came to me right away - no tears, no meltdowns. The first words spoken by Lucy: "jie jie," which means big sister. She seemed to know that Amelia was her big sister. We talked for awhile with the staff and then left to return to our hotel. Lucy came easily and happily with us - no looking back. She LOVES Amelia and tries to do everything Amelia does. The only tears we had were when she fell and bumped her head. Once she started crying, she could not seem to stop. I think she was having a cathartic cry, which I was happy to see. She is so much more "baby" than Amelia was at this age. She's a snuggle-bug too. I have so much more to write, but Lucy loves the computer and keeps trying to type. I will leave you all with some photos - I know that's what you want anyway!!!






10 comments:

  1. Happy Dance!!!!! Dan was actually the first one to see the post. We're all sitting at the breakfast table taking in God's goodness to your family!

    So very exciting.

    Alaina & the Wilsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I see you took my advice and went with the zebra.

    Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! How sweet, beautiful, awesome, and of course praiseworthy is your post and pictures. Amy you are a glowing mama, and big sis Amelia appears to be too :) Your Lucy is scrumptious. So many prayers answered, will keep following you in your journey and praying as you knit together. God's plan for your family is giving me goose-bumps! Looks like she has been right there with you all along.... Love Anne Calhoun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne stole my thoughts :)!! I was thinking that you are just glowing Amy, you are radiantly beautiful! LOVE seeing these sisters together at last...man what a journey it was, frought with some big decisions, tons and tons of waiting and some frustrations and doubts..but Faithful God!!! Oh to see Xiao Chun in with those littles :) Soon! Soon! Can't wait to hear all about your experience in Taiwan...so very different from China in so many ways :)
    Rejoicing with you from NC,
    Holly "Mac"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing day you've had! I am so happy for you and your beautiful (and lucky) daughters. Thank you for the updates and the photos. I am actually sitting here at work crying, I am so happy for you all.

    I will be praying for you and your safe return home.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are excited for all of you! So glad you had a great day! I'm sure having Amelia, the big sis, was a blessing! We can't wait to hear all about your trip and may God continue to give your mercy and grace for the rest of your visit!
    We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praising Him...!!! God's miracles at work. Your family is beautiful!!!!
    Wish there was another way other than words to send hugs and love.

    Thank you for sharing,
    Barbara :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you!! What a great day!! Tell Deana, Alexia, and all the Taiwan folks that I said hi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you had no tears there, but I am crying reading this post. love to you all!!!! Celena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, she is so pretty and sweet looking. Congratulations to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete