Monday, September 29, 2008
An Apple a Day
The Chunster loves her apples. When she had been here maybe a month, I had been trying without much success to get her to try some new foods. I had sliced, peeled, and cored an apple and was trying to get her to try it. Not so much! Then, The Chunster spied a whole apple, red and shiny. She pointed to it. She wanted it. Hint to mom: she recognized it! I handed it to her, and she walked around the house with it, happily munching. Several minutes later, she brought me back a stem. That's it - just the stem. She ate the whole apple, core and all. Fast forward nearly two years, and my girl still loves an apple. She takes one in her lunch every day, and some evenings she asks for one for a bedtime snack. Last weekend, I took Amelia to the apple orchard's apple butter festival, where she delightedly picked her own apples, took a hayride, and even got her face painted. How 'bout them apples?!







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is my favorite time of year. Your girl knows Gods finest foods when she sees them.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's been almost two years! What a precious daughter. I can't wait to see you both again!
ReplyDeleteSuch a big change in her pics from 2 yrs ago...but I guess that can be said of all of our kiddos.
ReplyDeleteThere is a Blog of a mom who is using her crock pot everyday this year. She recently (in the last 2 weeks) had a recipe for crock pot apple sauce. It was very easy & quite delicious!
Enjoy the apples!
Debby
mom to Lindsi & Jami
Awww Sweet!
ReplyDeleteShe is so big! I love the pigtails!
ReplyDeleteShe is just toooo cute! :) I love apples too. Something tells me that the ones I bought at the grocery store today will not taste as good as the ones she picked.
ReplyDelete